Become a Member
of the Friends of the La Mesa Library, a nonprofit tax-exempt organization
Sign up for membership online
Members enjoy a 50% discount on all books, DVDs, and CDs for sale in the Friends Bookstore. Memberships and donations are tax-deductible. (Tax ID 33-0638967)
Why join the Friends?
Membership dues, bookstore sales, and donations help support the La Mesa Library’s ongoing collection, program, and facility needs.
Donations, membership dues, and bookstore sales help pay for:
- The library’s annual new collection of books and DVDs for kids, teens, and adults.
- Preschool Playtime, Sensory Playtime with STEAM for children with autism, and weekly storytimes.
- Weekly teen activities, including crafts, board games, and science/math activities.
- Math coaching and help with computers.
- The Second Saturday Concert Series, bringing local musicians to our library.
Friends of the Library Bookstore
The Friends of the La Mesa Library raises a majority of its money from used book sales. Our bookstore is conveniently located just inside the library’s front entrance, and is open daily from 1 to 4 PM. Our bookstore’s continued success depends on two things: your donation of new or gently used books, and volunteers to help staff and run the bookstore. lf you’ve always wanted to work in a bookstore, volunteering in ours is a fun and easy opportunity. Additionally, active bookstore volunteers receive a complimentary membership. Interested in volunteer opportunities? Let us know!